On 23/01/2017 13:12, Alexis Ballier wrote:
> For example, if you allow use.mask or use.force in mixins, you can end
> up having unsatisfiable deps that repoman will never catch.

Whoa, that sounds bad. Could you elaborate why we wouldn't be able to
catch these errors?

> Arguably, desktop profiles relying on having an useflag forced on a
> given package are already semi-broken: they'd be better with the
> useflag default enabled and proper usedeps, so the mask/force game
> doesnt seem really useful for mixins.

Could you give examples of such assumptions? I'd agree in general
usedeps sound like the proper solution.

> It'd also be great to have "rules" ensuring all mixins commute, but I
> doubt that's easily doable.

Could you elaborate more on that, and what the difficulties are?

Michał: also consider including in the GLEP how eselect profile would
look like and behave.

Paweł