On 27-01-2017 13:08:41 +0100, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Fabian Groffen <grob...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >> Replying here because I think said email client is the one I recently
> >> added REQUIRED_USE constraints for.
> >>
> >> Reason I added it is because it greatly simplified the ebuild: it's not
> >> just bdb and gdbm, but also tokyocabinet, qdbm and lmdb, with as result
> >> a lot of if-else-casing which implemented the implicit defaults before.
> >> I didn't realise changing this to REQUIRED_USE resulted in a conflict on
> >> default profiles, because I (obviously) have a package.use entry for the
> >> package.
> > I don't see Mike saying you got it wrong here. Reading your email, I
> > think you did the right thing.
>
> Yup

That blurb was more directed at Mart ;)  I think I just explained why I
did what I did.  The scenario in older ebuilds (without REQUIRED_USE)
was basically the scenario that Mart suggested to be perferable over the
new REQUIRED_USE scenario.

I'm not looking for wrong/right.  I'm looking for concensus on this
topic, then I will likely change the ebuild to match concensus.

Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level