On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> It is always nice when a person who:

Please stop the sarcasm. While I understand the reaction, the idea in
itself does not seem totally crazy to me, and it seems useful to have
a discussion on its merits.

At the same time, I would not consider it far-fetched to say that you
proposed significant changes to handling of manifest hashes, without
deep knowledge of the security aspects of the hashing algorithms up
for discussion. This is sometimes how we learn. If you feel the thread
wastes time, you can just ignore it (as you seem to have done with the
manifest hashes thread after a few critical responses, somewhat to my
disappointment).

Cheers,

Dirkjan