On 06/01/2017 06:09 PM, Kent Fredric wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 23:18:22 +0200
> Jonas Stein <jst...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> A space separated list of the corresponding debian packages should be
>> written in the field
>> <remote-id type="debian"> </remote-id>
>
> Why space separated?
>
> Its already legal to specify the field multiple times, and it should
> work better that way for consistency with things that can already parse
> XML.
>
> That way there's no need to put an additional parser inside our XML
> extraction.
>
> <remote-id type="debian">libfoo</remote-id>
> <remote-id type="debian">libfoo-debug</remote-id>
>
> No?
>
> It also means general purpose XML formatting tools can keep it tidy,
> _and_ sorted, without having to reinvent new tools.

+1. Otherwise sounds good. But if we do this for Debian, will there be
movement to add in package names for rpm-based distros? Arch? BSD?
Slackware? Where do we draw the line?

Will developers be expected to treat this like a mandated element? If
not, which team will have authority to touch package metadata to make
this change?
--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net