On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 18:18:09 +0700
"Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gen...@mva.name> wrote:

> Well, actually, I think that whole webapps structure in gentoo should
> be dropped or totally rewritten, despite of web applications packages
> state in the gentoo repo.
> It is unextendable, uncomfortable, no-gentoo-way'ish and so on.
>
> I think, it would even be better to just install apps
> in /usr/share/${PF} than current webapp behaviour.

Actually I quite like the way webapp-config works. Some improvements
are needed but nothing major. I would particularly like to see nginx
configuration snippets dynamically generated for a slightly more
out-of-the-box experience. There also doesn't seem to be a way to
protect configuration files containing sensitive credentials from local
users.

--
James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer