On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Looking to the list of packages still not supporting python 3.5:
> https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35.txt

I realize a warning will address most of the issue, but when creating
lists like these it can be helpful to stick the maintainer names on
it, so that maintainers can just search for their name on the wall of
shame.  :)

> Any issues on trying to go further into implementing this warning?

I think warnings in repoman are a great idea.  If somebody maintains a
package that uses python but isn't seriously into python otherwise
they probably won't notice when new versions are available to be
tested/etc.  The only thing I would suggest is that the warning not be
triggered until the python team thinks the new version is ready for
testing/etc.  I'm not sure if they introduce masked versions into the
tree before things settle down or not.  If not then this is moot.

--
Rich