El mié, 12-07-2017 a las 12:38 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. escribió:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:23:43 +0100
> "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.ever...@iee.org> wrote:
>
> > On 12/07/17 17:07, Gordon Pettey wrote:
> > > On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:14 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
> > > <wlt...@o-sinc.com <mailto:wlt...@o-sinc.com>> wrote:
> > >     That is my point. That message is always there. The chance that
> > > it is ignored is very high.
> > >

> > > Stop signs on the road are also always there. If you get arrested
> > > for ignoring it, it is not because the stop signs are always there,
> > > it is because you ignored it. Don't ignore the warning.
> >
> > Can't help but think of "special snowflake" here ....
>
> More like saying something to me because it is me, despite that I
> literally pointed that out to others. In a situation that actually
> matters. This should be said to others not me. But everyone feels ilke
> they need to comment something to me, that applies to another, but not
> said to that other.
>
> Again
> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/a0470e1cc2c05afc1e30c09f3f239b2
> 4
>
> Really funny stuff!!!!
>
> --

After re-reading all the thread again:
https://lists.gt.net/gentoo/dev/327773/?page=1;mh=-1;

I think there is no point in continuing replying forever to this thread as I
think all the technical issues has now being, at least, clarified and forwarded
to the right people. As I have understood most of them belong to Portage team
and now that the bug reports with the concrete suggestions were filled, they
will be able to deal with them (either working on implementing the desired
changes or either declining to do that if they have other opinions based on the
way portage is supposed to be used by us).

Then, can we please switch to different and more productive things to do? :)

Thanks a lot!