On 2017-07-28 12:43, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:

>> I continue to feel that maintaining two worlds (stable+unstable)
>> carries with it an unneccessary cost.
> That's not feasible. It would kill off any semi-professional or
> professional Gentoo use, where a minimum of stability is required.
This. VERY much this. I do not care about having all the latest stuff on
work machines, what I want them is to a) remain up to date
security-wise, and b) actually survive updates. In fact, problems with
the latter was what led us a couple of years ago to quickly conclude
evaluation of a certain other rolling-upgrade operating system.

--
MS