Kent Fredric posted on Tue, 05 Sep 2017 07:29:42 +1200 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 15:16:46 -0400 "William L. Thomson Jr."
> <wlt...@o-sinc.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe just UI but that maybe to generic.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_interface
>
> As a side question, what does "xui" mean in this world?
>
> I went googling and all I could find was "X User Interface"
>
> And all I could find there is that's "A user interface to the X Windows
> System"
>
> Are we allowed to consider Wayland and X11 are both "X Windows Systems"
> providing "X User Interfaces", despite the underlying protocols being
> different?

Warnock agree?

(Tho posting makes it no longer warnock.)  Thanks for the warnock
reference[1], BTW.  I knew of the problem but had no name for it, so you
broadened my vocabulary in a very useful way. =:^)

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warnock%27s_dilemma