On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 22:58:22 +0200
"Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Please consider switching from your current 13.0 profile to the
> corresponding 17.0 profile soon after GCC-6.4.0 has been
> stabilized on your architecture. The 13.0 profiles will be deprecated
> and removed in the near future.

Just  a question that only became apparent to me as I'm trying to
create a "mostly stable" keyworded chroot, but with this change added
to pick up defects:

Are there any specific versions of toolchain modules that should/must be used
in 17.0 to make it work with GCC-6.4.0?

All I did was:

- Forcibly create the profile symlink myself ( as its not visible to me
  yet with eselect )

- accept-keywords for gcc

- Followed remaining instructions.

And hopefully that should be sufficient.

binutils: 2.28.1
gcc: 6.4.0
glibc: 2.23-r4
libtool: 2.4.6-r3

I know this is typically a "don't mix ~arch and arch" thing, but I
can't actually test things that will break otherwise :p