Am Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 09:51:43 CEST schrieb Kent Fredric:

> Are there any specific versions of toolchain modules that should/must be
> used in 17.0 to make it work with GCC-6.4.0?

Not that I know of. I'd use most recent stable though.

(And glibc-2.25 will most likely become stable before gcc-6.)

> All I did was:
> - Forcibly create the profile symlink myself ( as its not visible to me
>   yet with eselect )
> - accept-keywords for gcc
> - Followed remaining instructions.
> And hopefully that should be sufficient.

That should be perfectly fine.

> binutils: 2.28.1
> gcc: 6.4.0
> glibc: 2.23-r4
> libtool: 2.4.6-r3

> I know this is typically a "don't mix ~arch and arch" thing, but I
> can't actually test things that will break otherwise :p

The whole "don't mix ~arch and arch" credo is in my opinion a bit silly. If
mixing leads to bugs, these should be documented and fixed, if only with a
version dependency.

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfri...@gentoo.org