On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 03:30:11AM +0100, Jonas Stein wrote:
> On 19/06/17 15:20, Michał Górny wrote:
> > The GNOME team has committed the xdg-utils.eclass serving exactly
> > the same purpose as fdo-mime.eclass, supposedly with the goal of
> > replacing it. However, it seems that they have never bothered to
> > actually hint the deprecation in the fdo-mime.eclass in any way.
> > As a result, developers are still adding references to this eclass
> > instead of using xdg-utils or xdg, and/or not working towards replacing
> > them.
> >
> > Add an explicit deprecation notice to the fdo-mime.eclass to make it
> > clear that the eclass should not be used in new packages, and what
> > the replacement eclasses are.
>
> Packages and Ebuilds which are still using the fdo-mime are listed here:
>
> Packages:
> https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/eclass-usage/fdo-mime.txt
>
> Ebuilds sorted by Maintainer or Package
> http://gentoo.levelnine.at/simplechecks/fdo-mime-check/
>
> If you see your name in the list, you find a list of your packages with
> inherit fdo-mime.
>
> Thanks to Michael. For his script.
>
> --
> Best,
> Jonas

Great tool! Super easy for maintainers to check their packages. I have
fixes ready for x11-misc/spacefm, but I could not find a bug number to
reference. Are we tracking this on bugzy or just pushing everyone to go
ahead and update their ebuilds? I searched bugzy for 'fdo-mime' and the
only relevant bug is 621914 [1], which I assume was the original discussion
to get us onto xdg-utils since it's newer.

If there's no tracker bug I need to reference, that's fine. Just wanted
to be sure I'm not missing anything before pushing.

[1]: https://bugs.gentoo.org/621914

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer, Trustee, Treasurer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net