On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 22:47:35 -0600
R0b0t1 <r03...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Understanding an existing codebase should not be a technical
> challenge. I had to resort to reimplementing all of the steps myself,
> in part to understand if they were done properly in the first place.

Looks like you are an expert in this area now and are perfectly capable
of submitting the patches. I can review them at least for crossdev.

> Unfortunately these are things that the original authors should
> produce. Experience has shown me that documentation written by
> ancillary contributors that do not have deep experience with the code
> base is poor.

If you have invested some time to understand the code you and understood
at least something you should be perfectly capable of submitting a patch
to document a thing or two that took you time to grasp.

Nobody knows what is hard for you to understand except yourself.

--

  Sergei