Francesco Riosa <viv...@gmail.com> writes:

> maybe ewarn() is more appropriate than einfo()?
> Just in case it's executed outside the scope of prefix

I can't remember any use case when portage (or, paludis, etc.) is
executed as a normal user but not a from Prefix.

This message will only affect Prefix users, who won't be surprised that
they cannot create new groups or users.  Therefore I think einfo is more
appropriate.

Furthermore, we do have Prefix that runs as a root, mostly usable on NAS
or smartphones, when we do ultimately like portage to manage groups and
users.

Benda