On 15/12/17 01:17, R0b0t1 wrote (excerpted):
> I'm not trying to be confrontational, but asserting an opinion is
> correct without explaining why that it is so isn't really conducive to
> arriving at the truth. I understand not wanting to answer if I am
> completely clueless, and would like to apologize in advance for
> bothering the developers.
>
> I am not very smart, sir.
>
> Cheers,
>      R0b0t1

With all due respect, Gentoo is not renowned for spoon-feeding ...

Returning to the topic in hand, two key points strike out at me:-

1) Gentoo isn't really interested in having a 'stable' tree or it would
already be happening. As such, why not cut the Gordian knot, declare
that this is not something that will happen [soon] and let users make
their own choices. The [majority of] developers already seem to have ...

2) Whilst there has yet another fine bike-shed emerged on the subject, I
have only seen one volunteer willing or capable to actually take on
implementation of anything that has been discussed on this thread. As
such, you can talk all you like .. nothing will happen until somebody
actually *does* something .. For all the hating, I will duly credit
mgorny for producing a consistent quantity of commits across the board
in Gentoo, and whilst you may not agree with all his bitching (for want
of a better term) at least he can stand and say "well at least I did
*something* about it, whether You like it or not ...".

Damnit, there's another $2 from me .. my apologies.