On 01/18/2018 07:34 AM, Lars Wendler wrote:
> Hi Anthony,

[...]
> well, I never did anything like that but regarding the dependency
> calculation... how about something like
>
> emerge -1OKanv $(qlist -CISq)
>
> (--oneshot --nodeps --usepkgonly --ask --noreplace --verbose)
>
> which simply omits dependency calculations, only takes into account
> available binary packages and doesn't replace same versions?
> Of course this requires all installed packages really being available as
> binpkgs.
> Since all the installations are the same, as long as you provide a sane
> set of binpkgs, dependency calculation should not matter anyway.
> The only issue I can think of is that a system might become broken if
> the update gets interrupted before all packages have been updated.
>
> Kind regards

TTBOMK, this will fail also if there is a slot change.  For instance,
with the recent autoconf-2.69 move from :0 to :2.69, dependency
resolution would have resulted softblock, thus removing :0 and then
merging :2.69 automatically. with a --nodeps, :2.69 would attempt to
merge without removing :0 for this package, resulting in an emerge failure.

--
NP-Hardass