On 2018-02-19 12:34 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:

>>> 2. ||= (binding any-of) dep groups.
>
>> I don't understand what this group means, and the PMS-7 is
>> unclear as well: "binding-any-of A binding-any-of group, which
>> has the same format as the any-of group, but begins with the
>> string ||= instead." Is it a "or", like the "any-of" group, but
>> with a different behavior at compiling/linking time?
>
> It is explained in section 8.2.4:
> https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/7-draft/pms.html#x1-800008.2.4
>
> Ulrich

Could we get some clarification/confirmation on this language?:

> In addition, for runtime dependencies, indicates that the package
> will break unless a matching package corresponding to the first
> immediate child element (in order of listing) installed as a
> build-time (DEPEND) dependency is available

...if I am reading this right, this means that the list of atoms is
iterated through first->last, and as soon as one is found to be
available at build-time, it chosen as the one that this package is
bound to and after that the package will be considered broken if it
doesn't exist/is later removed?