On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Michael Lienhardt <
michael.lienha...@laposte.net> wrote:

> I noticed that the following files are not mentioned, or stated optional
> in the PMS:
>  - profiles/repo_name
>  - metadata/layout.conf
>
> It seems to me that without these files, portage complains. Shouldn't them
> be declared as mandatory?
>
>  - profiles/package.use and profiles/make.defaults (
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USE_ORDER)
> These files are not documented in the PMS: should the package manager
> recognize these files? (if so, I think it would be clearer to document them
> in the PMS)
>
> Also, in https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-430004.7.1 the
> directory is named metadata/cache while it is named metadata/md5-cache in
> my repository.
>

> Should I report something on the Gentoo Bugzilla?
>
> Best,
> Michael Lienhardt
>
> repo_name is mentioned in
https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-350004.4, "All contents of
this directory, with the exception of repo_name, are optional".
And with regards to metadata directory, from
https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-420004.7, "All contents
are optional".  I would assume layout.conf is Gentoo Portage specific
instead of PMS specific.