Michael Palimaka schrieb:
> I see that in bug #650964[1] Council is pushing forward again with
> implementing user whitelisting on this mailing list (ie. anyone that is
> not "approved" will have their mail rejected).
>
> Could someone please explain how this doesn't directly contradict the
> core tenets of an open and inclusive community?

(I do not intend to single out your post, just replying to the thread in
general here)

I would like to ask people to stay respectful in their disagreement towards
the Council and their decision here. You might not agree with the decision,
but the Council is an elected body and was given these powers by the
developer community which they represent. Also I have no doubt that Council
members who voted for -dev moderation are aware of the counter arguments and
honestly expect a net positive effect from this.

If you dislike mailing list moderation, campaign and/or vote in the next
period for candidates who want to reverse this decision.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn