W dniu pią, 06.07.2018 o godzinie 06∶36 +0000, użytkownik Robin H.
Johnson napisał:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 10:53:51PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
> > Here's third version of the patches.  I've incorporated the feedback
> > so far and reordered the patches (again) to restore their
> > degree-of-compatibility order.  The full text is included below.

> > v2
> >   The distinct minimal and recommended expirations have been replaced
> >   by a single requirement. The rules have been simplified to use
> >   the same time of 2 years for both the primary key and subkeys.
>
> -the same time of 2 years ...
> +the same 2 year maximum renewal time ...
>
> >   An additional rule requesting key renewal 2 weeks before expiration
> >   has been added. This is in order to give services and other developers
> > time
> >   to refresh the key.
>
> Do we want to state that infra will start contact devs before this, or
> keep that as an implementation detail?

Implementation detail.

> > 4. Expiration date on key and all subkeys set to at most 2 years
>
> -at most 2 years.
> +at most 2 years from generation or refresh of expiry.

Now, this won't really work because it's self-propagating date.  You're
soon going to see keys with 10 years to expiration because if you update
the date 5 times from 'refresh of expiry', that's what you get.

I get what you're trying to say but I can't really think of a sane way
of stating that.  Maybe I should just explicitly state '(plus the period
specified in point 5)'.

> > Recommendations
> > ---------------

> > 3. Key expiration renewed annually
>
> Can we please suggest it's updated to a fixed day of the year?

Sure.

> > Gentoo LDAP
> > ===========

> > All Gentoo developers must list the complete fingerprint for their primary
> > keys in the "``gpgfingerprint``" LDAP field. It must be exactly 40 hex
> > digits,
> > uppercase, with optional spaces every 8 hex digits. Regular expression for
>
> Can we please drop the spaces in the field in LDAP. I don't care if we
> display it with spaces, but dropping them in LDAP would be helpful.

I'm all for it.  I really do wonder how they ended up there in the first
place.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny