On Sun, 9 Sep 2018 15:03:11 +0200 Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I disagree. Either discuss to drop the entire policy about "-Werror" or
> don't but please do _not_ enter the game of differentiating between
> "normal" and something you call "security-orientated" packages.

You got me wrong. I'm not trying to build special rules for
security packages (since there is no margin between them and other
packages and you rightfully pointed out that any vulnerability may
play a role in a chained attack); they were just an example.

What I'm trying to do is to allow maintainers to keep -Werror if
they really want to do this, understand what they are doing and
have enough manpower to support this.

As can be seen from aforementioned bugs right now developer and
upstream support this to their best and yet QA team tries to
enforce -Werror drop using the brute force and ignoring active best
effort support. This should not happen.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko