On 9/10/18 11:19 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
> It is indeed an insurmountable task to write code that is warning-free
> from the beginning across architectures, compiler versions, etc. But
> that is not the goal anyway. It is examining the situation and taking
> appropriate action, and then applying a change to no longer cause that
> particular warning (or make it non-fatal if the warning is bogus/harmless).

sure, but for upstreams that make this an explicit goal, do we really
want to apply additional downstream pataches with the additional
complexity that carries for build system (autotools re-generation that
might make it unsupported upstream etc) ?

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net