On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM Jeroen Roovers <j...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> 0a) Explain to me how to fix my commits that I now can't push, or
> 0b) disable that hook immediately.

Try git rebase -i and use "r" for "reword" on every commit.

> 1) Update repoman to enforce it _before_ the commit is executed.

Some kind of repoman support would make this much easier to handle. As it
is, doing this by hand for the trivial case (only my own changes) is a
PITA. repoman could grow some kind of --sign-off option that appends this
to the commit message presumably?

I think repoman checks happen on the tree, not on the commit, so I'm not
sure how you think enforcing it before the commit makes sense (the line is
effectively part of the commit).

> 2) Wait for the repoman update to trickle down to all developers.
> 3) Announce it ahead of time.

Some more lead time would be appreciated, yes.

Regards,

Dirkjan