On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 08:19:29 -0700
Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The ~arch version of portage hs a new QA check that reports installation
> of files outside of directories that have been whitelisted [1]. The
> current whitelist includes:
>
> directories common to / and /usr
> ================================
> bin lib lib32 lib64 libx32 sbin
>
> top level directories
> ================================
> boot dev etc opt srv usr var
>
> /usr level directories
> ================================
> include libexec share src
>
> /usr/share/doc level directories
> ================================
> /usr/share/doc/${PF}

As this will break existing ebuilds I'd suggest guarding it against
next EAPI. Out of top of by head the change will break at least
crossdev outright. At least for two reasons:
1. building a gcc cross-compiler usually refers to $SYSROOT/sys-include.
   'git grep sys-include' will show a bunch of ebuilds that create that
   symlinks outside the space.
2. cross-building target libc is currently done on the host's emerge
  and installs into /usr/$CTARGET/.

I think whitelist would be able to cover these use cases as they are
a function of ${CTARGET} (or $CATEGORY) value.

--

  Sergei