On 10/26/2018 05:42 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 10/26/2018 04:40 AM, Michal Prívozník wrote:
>>
>> So the desired way is to use github pull requests? That is rather
>> unfortunate.
>
> In this case there's no "project" associated with libvirt-snmp; but if
> there were, it would have a <project-name>@gentoo.org alias that you
> could send patches to.

Well, why don't we create something like virtualizat...@gentoo.org? That
would be a mailing list to discuss virtualization related topics.

Bugzilla is still the official (and in this case,
> best) place to put these in my opinion.

I don't think so. I've been attaching patches to BZ in the past and the
response time was very poor. I know everybody is working on gentoo in
their spare time and I appreciate it, but why not use something that
works for both sides? I think that if we want to attract more volunteers
we have to have a process that goes the least into their way.

> Personally I don't mind them on the -dev list, but they do get sent to a
> thousand people who have no interest in or ability to commit them.

That is the case on every mailing list. Every -dev list has number of
subscribes far bigger than number of people with commit access.

But I respect your decision guys. I am going to stop posting patches
until there's an agreement on how to do that.

Michal