On Sun, 2018-11-18 at 15:37 +0800, Jason Zaman wrote:
> [...]
> > > feature test:
> > >   #
> > > https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/blob/7b091c1397a82258e26ab5336df6c8dae1d97384/src/main/java/com/google/devtools/build/lib/sandbox/LinuxSandboxedSpawnRunner.java#L61
> > >   #
> > > https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/blob/76555482873ffcf1d32fb40106f89231b37f850a/src/main/tools/linux-sandbox-pid1.cc#L113
> > >   addpredict /proc
> > >
> > >   mkdir -p "${T}/bazel-cache" || die
> > >   mkdir -p "${T}/bazel-distdir" || die
> > >
> > >   cat > "${T}/bazelrc" <<-EOF || die
> > >   startup --batch
> >
> > Maybe indent this stuff to make it stand out from ebuild code.
> >

> > >   # dont strip HOME, portage sets a temp per-package dir
> > >   build --action_env HOME
> > >
> > >   # make bazel respect MAKEOPTS
> > >   build --jobs=$(makeopts_jobs)
> > >   build --compilation_mode=opt --host_compilation_mode=opt
> > >
> > >   # FLAGS
> > >   build $(bazel_get_flags)
> > >
> > >   # Use standalone strategy to deactivate the bazel sandbox, since it
> > >   # conflicts with FEATURES=sandbox.
> > >   build --spawn_strategy=standalone --genrule_strategy=standalone
> > >   test --spawn_strategy=standalone --genrule_strategy=standalone
> > >
> > >   build --strip=never
> > >   build --verbose_failures --noshow_loading_progress
> > >   test --verbose_test_summary --verbose_failures --noshow_loading_progress
> > >
> > >   # make bazel only fetch distfiles from the cache
> > >   fetch --repository_cache="${T}/bazel-cache/"
> > > --distdir="${T}/bazel-distdir/"
> > >   build --repository_cache="${T}/bazel-cache/"
> > > --distdir="${T}/bazel-distdir/"
> > >
> > >   build --define=PREFIX=${EPREFIX%/}/usr
> > >   build --define=LIBDIR=\$(PREFIX)/$(get_libdir)
> > >
> > >   EOF
> > >
> > >   tc-is-cross-compiler || \
> > >           echo "build --nodistinct_host_configuration" >> "${T}/bazelrc"
> >
> > Don't do || chains, they are unreadable.
>
> ok
>
> > > }
> > >
> > > # @FUNCTION: ebazel
> > > # @USAGE: [<args>...]
> > > # Run bazel with the bazelrc and output_base.
> > > #
> > > # If $MULTIBUILD_VARIANT is set, this will make an output_base
> > > # specific to that variant.
> > > # bazel_setup_bazelrc will be called and the created bazelrc
> > > # will be passed to bazel.
> > > #
> > > # Will automatically die if bazel does not exit cleanly.
> > > ebazel() {
> > >   bazel_setup_bazelrc
> > >
> > >   # Use different build folders for each multibuild variant.
> > >   local base_suffix="${MULTIBUILD_VARIANT+-}${MULTIBUILD_VARIANT}"
> >
> > Any reason not to use BUILD_DIR instead of reinventing it?
>
> Isnt $BUILD_DIR $S by default? output_base is a bazel thing with a weird
> structure and has nothing to do with the source tree. Doing it this way
> meant python_foreach_impl was easy. but I might be confused and will
> look into it again and see if it can be better. this way means with and

There's no default.  It's defined by the few eclasses such as multibuild
and cmake-utils.  You just need to default if it other eclasses don't
set it.

> > >   local output_base="${WORKDIR}/bazel-base${base_suffix}"
> > >   mkdir -p "${output_base}" || die
> > >
> > >   einfo Running: bazel --output_base="${output_base}" "$@"
> > >   bazel --bazelrc="${T}/bazelrc" --output_base="${output_base}" $@ || die
> > > "ebazel $@"
> >
> > The common practice is to echo >&2 it.  Also, you output different
> > arguments than you execute which is going to confuse the hell out of
> > users who'll end up having to debug this.  You can use a trick like
> > the following to avoid typing args twice:
> >
> >   set -- bazel --bazelrc...
> >   echo "${*}" >&2
> >   "${@}" || die ...
>
> Oh, forgot that trick. yeah I'll do that.
>
> > > }
> > >
> > > # @FUNCTION: bazel_load_distfiles
> > > # @USAGE: <distfiles>...
> > > # Populate the bazel distdir to fetch from since it cannot use
> > > # the network. Bazel looks in distdir but will only look for the
> > > # original filename, not the possibly renamed one that portage
> > > # downloaded. If the line has -> we to rename it back. This also
> > > # handles use-conditionals that SRC_URI does.
> >
> > Why oh why do you have to implement custom parser for the ebuild syntax?
> >  That's just asking for horrible failures.
>
> Yeah ... so thats the problem with bazel and the main reason for the
> eclass. Bazel has this idea that downloading and unpacking random
> tarballs during build is okay. Now bazel has an option when it needs to
> fetch something it will look in the dir --distdir= points to instead and
> read the file instead of trying to fetch from the (sandboxed thus
> non-existent) internet. But bazel only knows the original filenames not
> the names that portage renamed things to so I need to rename them back
> to the original names.
>
> The other option would be to have ebuilds maintain a second list of urls
> on top of the SRC_URI one which seems way more of a maintenance burden,
> especially when use-flags are involved. So all I really do here is strip
> the use? and ()'s and take the list of urls and put them in the
> bazel-distdir with the original filenames.
>
> If you can think of a better way to accomplish that I'd love to hear it
> tho. I'll add more comments about what it does but bazel is weird and
> just utterly fails if it cant read the tarballs. And unpacking things
> myself doesnt work because of the weird file structure bazel uses so
> knowing where to put them is non-trivial.

What if the original URL goes down and somebody replaces 'foo -> bar'
with 'mirror://gentoo/bar'?

> > > #
> > > # Example:
> > > # @CODE
> > > # bazel_external_uris="http://a/file-2.0.tgz
> > > #     python? ( http://b/1.0.tgz -> foo-1.0.tgz )"
> > > # SRC_URI="http://c/${PV}.tgz
> > > #     ${bazel_external_uris}"
> > > #
> > > # src_unpack() {
> > > #     unpack ${PV}.tgz
> > > #     bazel_load_distfiles "${bazel_external_uris}"
> > > # }
> > > # @CODE
> > > bazel_load_distfiles() {
> > >   local src dst uri rename
> > >
> > >   [[ "$@" ]] || die "Missing args"
> > >   mkdir -p "${T}/bazel-distdir" || die
> > >
> > >   while read uri rename dst; do
> > >           src="${uri##*/}"
> > >           [[ -z $src ]] && continue
> >
> > Please use ${foo} syntax in ebuilds, consistently.
>
> ok
>
> > >           if [[ "$rename" != "->" ]]; then
> > >                   dst="${src}"
> > >           fi
> > >
> > >           [[ ${A} =~ ${dst} ]] || continue
> >
> > Why are you doing regex match here?  Last I checked, we didn't use
> > regular expressions in SRC_URI.
>
> It was to skip this one if its not in $A (eg disabled with a use-flag)
> I'll change it to == *${dst}* instead then.
>

> > >           if [[ "$dst" == "$src" ]]; then
> > >                   einfo "Copying $dst to bazel distdir ..."
> > >           else
> > >                   einfo "Copying $dst to bazel distdir $src ..."
> >
> > Are you using src and dst to mean the opposite?
>
> No, this is right. its SRC_URI="src -> dst" so I need to rename dst back
> so its named src.
>
> > >           fi
> > >           dst="$(readlink -f "${DISTDIR}/${dst}")"
> >
> > Looks like you are hardcoding hacks for implementation details which
> > indicates whatever you're doing is a very bad idea, and is going to fail
> > whenever the implementation is subtly different than what you've worked
> > around so far.
>
> I can skip this line then no problem. It will just end up a link to a
> link but thats fine.
>
> > >           ln -s "${dst}" "${T}/bazel-distdir/${src}" || die
> > >   done <<< "$(sed -re 's/!?[A-Za-z]+\?\s+\(\s*//g; s/\s+\)//g' <<< "$@")"
> >
> > Please don't use horribly unreadable sed expressions.  This just means
> > that whoever will have to touch this eclass in the future will wish you
> > were never recruited.
>
> I will split it up and add more comments. It just removes "use? (",
> "!use? (", and " )". If I don't remove the useflag bits first then figuring
> out
> if its a rename or not becomes a lot more complicated. If you have
> other ideas im all ears.

The syntax is token-oriented, so just tokenize it and use a state
machine to parse it if you must.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny