On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 12:03:52 -0800
Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Thanks. What do we want to do about -304?

It's not on the list above because it's a "legacy driver", not a
"short lived" branch[1]. It's not relevant in this context what happens
to the 304 branch, the context being a cleanup of intermediate branches
that were abandoned and surpassed by "long lived" branches.

> It still requires xorg-server-1.19 which I'd like to drop due to a
> security vulnerability. After the listed versions are gone, -304 will
> be the only thing keeping 1.19 in tree.

I see no open security bug report for this. If we had one of those, then
we could write a package.mask entry for both xorg-server and
nvidia-drivers with a reference to the security issue, or add the
branches that are now masked for removal. That way people can plan
their hardware's obsolescence properly or shift to a different driver.

Kind regards,
     jer

[1] https://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html