On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 2:55 PM Conrad Kostecki <con...@kostecki.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Am 15.03.2019 20:29:11, "Matt Turner" <matts...@gentoo.org> schrieb:
>
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:04 AM Conrad Kostecki <con...@kostecki.com> wrote:
>

> Do you know something about media-libs/raspberrypi-userland as well?
> I'm hoping to enable libglvnd support in media-libs/mesa and
> x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers soon, and this is the only other package in
> Gentoo that uses app-eselect/eselect-opengl.
>
> Do we care to keep this now that Mesa's vc4 driver is in good shape?
>
> At least, I've somewhere my modified 9999 release, which I've fixed for
> myself, since there were some bugs and added eselect-opengl support to this.
> What do you mean exactly with libglvnd or at what do you want to know?

libglvnd is the "GL Vendor-Neutral Dispatch library" [0]. It provides
libGL, libGLESv1_CM, libGLESv2, etc, and then dispatches those calls
to the underlying hardware driver. This allows a single libGL.so to
work for Mesa and nvidia-drivers for example. If
media-libs/raspberrypi-userland doesn't support libglvnd (which it
doesn't as far as I can tell) that kind of throws a wrench in the plan
for IMO minimal benefit.

[0] https://github.com/NVIDIA/libglvnd