On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 8:44 AM Ralph Seichter <gen...@seichter.de> wrote:

> * Michał Górny:
>
> > I presume you want to proxy-maintain all of those packages.
>
> I would want to maintain the "monty" application because it offers
> functionality useful to me. I'm not particularly keen on maintaining
> Python ebuilds required as dependencies by only one application.

Speaking on behalf of the python team, we are not particularly keen on
maintaining libraries that are only used by a single package. We have
too many packages to care for already.

> Like everybody else, I have only a finite amount of time I can spend on
> Gentoo packages. I usually start with a separate venv for Python apps so
> I can "pip install ..." and make do without ebuilds.

This is actually the approach I would suggest for most applications.
Not everything needs to be handled in an ebuild; often it just
increases the amount of busy work you end up doing.