I think ISO 8601 date format is an improvement.

However, as you're suggesting to use a date at UTC time, this begs for
scripting, such as the old echangelog did.  Then, when scripted, the
actual date format is no longer an issue.  Somehow the current format
looks easier to read (for humans) to me, so no real need to change if
there was a script to just add/remove/update entries.  (And commit
without forgetting to add --signoff.)

Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen