On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 06:16:24PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 4:22 PM Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >

> > Yes, I get it.  User experience is not important if it would mean
> > developers would actually do anything but the bare minimum to get
> > from one paycheck to another.  The usual Gentoo attitude.
> >

> Not sure where I go to sign up for those paychecks.  However, even
> employers have to accept that policies have a resource cost to them.
>
> Requiring people to do more than the bare minimum often just ensures
> that they won't even bother to do the bare minimum.  I'm all for

I do like that. I will send you the royalties for quoting you.

> finding ways to standardize things so that everybody benefits at a
> very low cost.  This doesn't seem that, and honestly requiring
> packages to bundle pre-built manpages seems a bit non-Gentooish to
> begin with.
>
> --
> Rich

Regarding pre-built manpages, I think you have missed Michal's (yea, I don't
fancy letters on my keyboard) point here. He is looking at a compromise of:

1. I want some documentation
2. It doesn't ship from upstream (without crazy extra deps)
3. Gentoo guy hooked me up and packaged it pre-built with it
4. Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Aaron