Hi Michał,

On 2019/08/07 17:48, Michał Górny wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-08-06 at 13:41 +0200, Jaco Kroon wrote: >> Hi Guys, >> >>
> Attaching. It seems for some reason if I inline the
patches they don't >> come through. If I mail to myself only it works
just fine. >> > > Actually, I think it should be changed the other way
around. I don't > see any reason to prohibit having a user/group package
for root.
Hmm, ie, remove root from baselayout?  Honestly, that's a mind stretch.
And since it makes no sense to have any other package create a uid of
gid =0 I think the change is right.

No objection to do it the other way around, but since the value won't
make any sense it'll effectively become a "please allocate dynamically"
value - which goes against what you stated earlier of everything in
::gentoo should be "static".

Please confirm.

Kind Regards,
Jaco