On 8/7/19 5:24 AM, Eray Aslan wrote:
> I would like to reserve UID/GID 76 for dovecot (net-mail/dovecot)
>
> This id differs from what we have provided historically (97) but gid/97
> is used by acct-group/input.  So use 76 instead.
>
> This id is the same in Arch (76) but differs from Redhat (97).

Can we please go back to posting the patches for these new packages?
Personally, I couldn't care less what integer people pick out of a hat.
I review these to prevent situations like this:

  # acct-user/postmaster
  DESCRIPTION="Postmaster user"
  ACCT_USER_ID=14
  ACCT_USER_HOME=/var/spool/mail
  ACCT_USER_HOME_OWNER=root:mail
  ACCT_USER_HOME_PERMS=03775
  ACCT_USER_GROUPS=( mail )

  # acct-user/mail
  DESCRIPTION="Mail program user"
  ACCT_USER_ID=8
  ACCT_USER_HOME=/var/spool/mail
  ACCT_USER_HOME_OWNER=root:mail
  ACCT_USER_HOME_PERMS=03775
  ACCT_USER_GROUPS=( mail )

These two now need to be kept in-sync forever, because otherwise one is
going to clobber the permissions on the other's home directory. Not
having to worry about that was an explicit goal of GLEP81.

Given that both of those users are pulled in only by net-mail/mailbase
at the moment, you probably want to set those permissions in the ebuild,
and leave those two users' home directories at the default. The
net-mail/mailbase package certainly doesn't need their home directories
set to anything in particular. (It doesn't need the user at all, but
that's probably a larger issue with mailbase.)