>> > -  [[ -n ${DOCS} ]] && { dodoc ${DOCS} || die "docs installation
>> > failed" ; } # TODO old EAPI cleanup
>> > +  einstalldocs
>> >
>> >    # install common docs
>> > -  for commondoc in COPYRIGHT README{,.md,.txt} NEWS AUTHORS BUGS
>> > ChangeLog FONTLOG.txt; do
>> > +  for commondoc in COPYRIGHT FONTLOG.txt; do
>> >            [[ -s ${commondoc} ]] && dodoc ${commondoc}
>> >    done

>> This changes the set of installed files, if the DOCS variable is
>> defined. Is that intentional?

> You mean if it's *not* defined?

No, if it *is* defined. For example, if an ebuild defines DOCS but
doesn't include README.txt in the list, then that file was previously
being installed, but isn't any longer with the eclass change.

>> This doesn't change any functionality, but it adds an overlong line
>> for no good reason.

> The idea was to avoid if statements if you can use the more succinct
> form.

Then at least wrap the long line. Still, I doubt that it will improve
readability, as compared to the original if statement.

Ulrich