On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 5:37 PM Kent Fredric <ken...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 19:37:28 +0200
> Piotr Karbowski <slashbe...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > This is a bit unhealthy, especially when some developers that maintain
> > packages are out of reach, or the patches to update ebuild just rot on
> > the bugzilla and are not taken in by maintainers.
>
> IME this is far from the norm and should not be used as the
> justification here.

I think exceptional cases are the reason for many, many policies in
Gentoo. That probably doesn't surprise you.

> If you don't have the patience to even wait _one_ day for a response,
> maybe you shouldn't be doing opensource.

I'm not sure what this is in reference to so it seems to be a
non-sequitur, but I like the policy of at least waiting a day for
review of non-critical fixes. Phrased another way, let people in every
timezone have a chance.