Hi,

On 2019/10/22 10:43, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019, Jaco Kroon wrote:
I also agree with others that it used to be easy to get distfiles as
and when needed, so an alternative structure could mirror that of the
portage tree itself, in other words "cat/pkg/distfile".
Not a good idea, because some distfiles are shared between packages.
For example, sys-kernel/*-sources use the same distfiles. (It won't
work with categories either, e.g., there are dev-lang/ruby and
app-emacs/ruby-mode.)

Ulrich

You are absolutely correct.  I then fully agree with current implementation.

Kind Regards,
Jaco