On Donnerstag, 21. November 2019 09:11:46 CET Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> See also this related old thread:
> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/e04f6d321e424a237af62721d1d09
> 211

I think tackling the triad of opengl/gles, egl/glx, X/wayland is also a good
idea.  Generally, all these probably have to distinguish between "support for
XYZ" and "use only XYZ", the latter hopefully being the exception, so that the
former can take the shorter use-flag.  That's what I don't like about the
proposal from 2018: Globally enabling USE=gles will have different effects on
different packages.  That's also what I like about the recent proposal: The
flags are more explicit.

--Dennis