On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 10:26:37AM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> On 12/2/19 10:23 AM, Petr Vaněk wrote:
> >
> > Would it be possible to move tox to 199/199 and set rspamd to 236/236 to
> > be more compatible with other distributions, or should I chose some
> > other UID/GID?
> >

> Changing an existing UID/GID isn't possible. It's technically infeasible
> -- not just that we left it out of the eclass or something -- so you'll
> have to pick another one.

Ok, I would like to reserve 237/237 for rspamd in that case, it is next
available.

Btw, I am just curios about the situation when there is a foo overlay
with acct-{user,group}/foo using UID/GID already set in main gentoo
overlay and later on we would like to move it to the main gentoo
overlay. It would be necessary to chose different UID/GID for
acct-{user,group}/foo.  So, my question is, would it be technically
feasible to do the migration for users of the foo overlay?  I can
imagine this scenario will occur once in the future and it is UID/GID
change.

Thanks,
Petr