* Michael Orlitzky:

> (a) we still have a dumb security vulnerability, in that these daemons
> can modify each others' files

That vulnerability has existed as long as the second package came around
and re-used the "milter" user, and to my knowledge nothing bad has come
of it so far.

I have an open PR[1] that the QA checks on GitHub will not allow to pass
unless I migrate milter-regex to using acct-* instead of user.eclass, so
that is what I did.

[1] https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/13964

> (b) you have to be careful not to do anything in acct-user/milter that
> could break someone's opendmarc setup

Milter-regex only needs a user to isolate the process and it's single
configuration file (/etc/milter-regex.conf). My PR adds acct-user/milter
without a home directory, because milter-regex does not need one, nor
does it write anything to disk. It is designed to hold everything in
memory only.

Could that lack of a home directory hurt OpenDMARC? I use OpenDMARC and
milter-regex on the same servers and did not run into problems.

-Ralph