On 2020-03-09 Mon 10:42, Joonas Niilola wrote:

> > Removal of that version was a mistake. Thank you for pointing it out.
> >
> > Here's the commit re-adding it:
> > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=f3fa1c548
> >
> > I checked, and repoman doesn't seem to be warning about removing the
> > last stable version of a package.
> >
> > ~Craig

> Neither does pkgcheck for what it's worth. Unless the removal causes a
> situation where there are unsatisfied revdeps left.

That's not correct. If `pkgcheck scan --commits` had been used locally
before pushing this would have shown a DroppedStableKeywords result
pointing to the commit (if it didn't that's a bug). There is also
DroppedUnstableKeywords for dropped ~arch keywords.

To reiterate, pkgcheck must be used locally for scanning unpushed git
commits to flag these cases, CI won't catch them.

Tim