Hi,

I'd be in support.  Especially for "data only" kind of packages, like:

net-misc/asterisk-moh-opsound
net-misc/asterisk-extra-sounds
net-misc/asterisk-core-sounds

For all three these I've already dropped the DEPEND on net-misc/asterisk
anyway, and upgraded the PDEPEND on net-misc/asterisk back onto these to
RDEPEND.  Other than that they really only install a bunch of audio
files in various formats.

One could even mark the various acct-{user,group}/* packages this way
(although this is a simple eclass change).

One challenge I foresee is that one could have a perl, python or php
(script language of choice) package depend on a specific version of
interpreter, which may not be stable for given arch.  So may require
some special handling in terms of dependencies.

Kind Regards,
Jaco