Hi Mike,

On 3/27/20 4:31 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 12:19 PM Samuel Bernardo
> <samuelbernardo.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Would it be possible to create official ebuilds for Gentoo
>> infrastructure projects, such as:
>>
>> https://github.com/mgorny/repo-mirror-ci
>>
>> https://github.com/mgorny/pkgcheck-result-parser
>>
> Neither repo has any tagged "releases". I don't see how an ebuild
> would be particularly useful. How do you intend to use them?

I was looking into the Gentoo Build Service[1] project and then realized
that you already have the tools I could use for my local CI.

For instance, looking into both projects that are being used in Gentoo
Infrastructure I could create easily my own development and
infrastructure environment using third party resources.

If the repositories owner doesn't want to create the tags I could fork
them, create the releases and publish the ebuilds in my overlay.

But I believe the owner would create them and then we could have
official ebuilds... I can ask him gently if he don't mind to create tags.

Best,

Samuel

[1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Build_Service