> I've sent an e-mail message upstream, asking for confirmation that 10.24
> can be used, copied, modified, and/or distributed freely.

This is the answer from upstream (posted here with permission):

| The license on https://dn-works.com/ufas/ is the only license ever
| issued for UFAS software; it was first posted on my old site two years
| ago.
|
| Pre-license versions of UFAS were accompanied by the “In lieu of a
| license” statement: ‘free for any use’.
|
| That “In lieu of a license” statement is now meaningless.
|
| Any further clarification, interpretation or fall back to some ‘free
| for any use’ versions will constitute a new license; I will not do
| this.

Basically, this means that we cannot assume that the "free for any use"
versions are redistributable, at least not if we want to err on the safe
side.

This makes symbola-7.17 from 2014 the last free version, which was
distributable under the following terms:
"Fonts in this site are offered free for any use; they may be installed,
embedded, opened, edited, modified, regenerated, posted, packaged and
redistributed."
https://web.archive.org/web/20141027122717/http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/

So, removal of the package seems to be the only option that makes sense,
unless we would downgrade to that old version.

Ulrich