Am Sonntag, 26. April 2020, 12:09:59 EEST schrieb Ulrich Mueller:
> > The other major problem is spam protection.  The best semi-anonymous way
> > I see is to use submitter's IPv4 addresses (can we support IPv6 then?).
> > We could set a limit of, say, 10 submissions per IPv4 address per week.
> > If some address would exceed that limit, we could require CAPTCHA
> > authorization.
>
> Instead of using the IP address, you could generate a UUID when
> installing the tool. This would also take care of clusters with machines
> that are clones of each other.

TBH, for clusters I would insert a sentence like
"If you are administering a cluster of many identical Gentoo machines, please
see $WIKIPAGE before enabling submission"

and there then have a few more instructions (like how to enable only for one
machine, and additionally provide us with the cluster size). I guess in this
case we can add this further step, since whoever is doing that will be both
invested in Gentoo and able to read docs.

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfri...@gentoo.org