On Thu, 07 May 2020 09:29:36 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> For example, if OCaml bindings on some package are broken and require
> a lot of work, I would find useful to know how likely it is that anyone
> is using it.  Or if a lot of people are enabling 'frobnicate' flag,
> I could consider employing USE defaults.

For normal reporting, I'd suggest "counts of users" have some default
presentation that encourages people to think of the data as incomplete.

For example, instead of "0", it might print "<10", or say, "10: +/- 10"

Or rank results in terms of relative numbers, "low", "high", etc.

Or maybe incorporate time bounds with the information:

   "0 this month"

Because even the people participating may not be participating
frequently for all the niche things to turn up in every sample.

Just working out a good way to calculate what the "error bars" should
be is the hard part.