Am May 23, 2020 9:17:46 PM UTC schrieb Daniel Buschke
<magic-gen...@damage.devloop.de>:
>Am 23.05.2020 um 22:55 schrieb Zac Medico:
>> Since the portage API only added about 1 second to the python script
>> time, I guess it's on par with your bash implementation. ;-P
>
>Yeah, if you substract the second for loading and the second for doing
>queries, then yes, it's pretty par with the bash implementation :D
Hm correct me if I am wrong, but from looking at the patch Zac provided I think
he meant that the time portage consumes is only one second while the "rest" is
3.2 seconds. So there is probably a potential in improving the "rest" somehow.

You see he exits after line 35 and until that not a lot happens besides all
other imports, the argument parsing and the querying of the data.

--
Best regards
Daniel