On Mon, Jun  1, 2020, at 15:27 CDT, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> 2020-08-01  Python 3.7 migration deadline
>
>    After this date, we lastrite all remaining packages that haven't been
>    ported.  This gives people roughly two months, with a ping one month
>    from now.

> [...]

> 2020-12-01  Python 3.8 migration deadline
>
>    We lastrite all the unmigrated packages.

Most of the time (guess >99%) this "porting" simply consists of
"keywording" with the new python target, i.e., a one-line change in the
ebuild.

What about we "auto keyword" all remaining packages that have a
python3_6 target but lack the python3_7 target instead? Meaning, just
add the python3_7 value to the corresponding PYTHON_*TARGET.

Given the fact how little difference there is between python3_6 and
python3_7 this seems to be the appropriate, gentler approach here.

Same for python3_8.

Best,
Matthias