On 2020-08-07 14:43, Toralf Förster wrote:
> On 8/7/20 8:25 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>>
>> I have too many other things to do to waste time reverse-engineering
>> these fuck-ups. Get it together.
>
> I'm just curious if you refer to commit d8c442ba8 - b/c that was made by
> someone at Wed Oct 16 19:41:02 2019 +0000 and I do wonder why nobody else run
> into that issue since that time?

Beats me. I run a stable system, so probably it just needed the right
combination of packages to stabilize. Or maybe it was the change in
xorg-2.eclass that triggered it. Or maybe no one else has noticed that
there's a useless package on his system (that will be stranded until all
of the affected packages get upgrades/revisions) and tried to remove it.
Or maybe everyone has set USE="-gentoo-dev" for portage to avoid this
perpetual clown show. Or...

what difference does it make? It already took me 100x longer to figure
out what went wrong than it would have taken to make the revisions in
the first place. I don't want to waste any more. I'm still tracking down
more packages that need to be rebuilt by hand because RDEPEND was
changed in an eclass too.