All,

I would like to get some thoughts on kubernetes packaging.

When I started maintaining it in Gentoo, it was packaged as 7 ebuilds
(one per executable), and only one of them was marked stable.

Since we normally do not split up monorepos into separate packages, I
started moving everything over to one kubernetes ebuild.
Now a bug has
been opened which has a good case for kubeadm being a package on its
own, so I have done that [1].

I need to know the best way to proceed, so I'll throw out a couple
of questions:

1) should I bring back the split packages and lastrites
sys-cluster/kubernetes?

2) should I just bring back other split packages that need to be split
as I find them?

What do folks think would be the best way for us to package Kubernetes?

Thanks,

William

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/741572