Hi,

> When the latest release remains 'latest ~arch' for less than 3 days,
> stabilizing it after 30 days makes little sense.  After all, people with
> frequent upgrade cycle will test it for no more than that, and people
> with infrequent upgrade cycle may miss the version entirely.

> Do you have any suggestions how we could improve this?

At first we need a strict definition of "stable" and "testing", then we
can discuss how to stabilize.

The list of requirements should be testable like

if (old_enough AND no_bugs_with_security_tag AND all_deps_stable AND ...
) then stable

We should have a vote which properties are required and stick to these
more strictly in future.

And a stabilization tool, which is part of gentoo and hosted at gentoo
will check these properties.

--
Best,
Jonas